On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing the content of a web page for search engines and users. Title tags, content, internal links, and URLs are all things to optimize on-page for SEO.
On-page SEO has changed a lot since the inception of search engines. However, the basics remain the same. It is vital to keep your competitive edge by maintaining competence in on-page SEO while staying updated on newer techniques.
Why It Is Important?
You need to build your on-page SEO strategy seriously if you want search engines to reward you with page-one visibility. The last two decades have seen a great deal of change. The practice of stuffing keywords in your content no longer works because it’s damaging to the user experience.
User-focused on-page SEO factors will become more important as Google’s search algorithm becomes more sophisticated. When done properly, on-site SEO enables search engines to understand your content to rank the most relevant URLs for specific queries. On-page optimization delivers organization and clarity to users.
Having said that, let’s look at some specific on-page SEO tips.
Titles And Meta Descriptions Of The Article
Meta tags are a key factor in on-page SEO, specifically titles. In search results, there is a headline for every page. A Meta description appears under the title of the page on search results. Search engines and users need both to understand the purpose of a page.
Meta descriptions, on the other hand, do not directly impact on-page SEO rankings.
The title and meta description of search engine results listings are very influential. By optimizing titles and meta descriptions, your Click-Through Rate (CTR), which indicates to Google your content is valuable, increases. CTR is directly correlated to rankings, all things being equal.
Search engine results are based on the content of a page. Search engines depend on it because it is what users are looking for. As a result, creating good content is vital. How do you define good content? The two most important elements of good content, from an SEO perspective, are: relevant and timely. The sign of good content is that fulfills a demand and must be linkable to other contents of the same niche.
A Good Content Fulfills Demand
Just like the markets in the world, information is mainly affected by supply and the demand. The content that provides the solution in the best way is considered to be the best. The content that is written might take the form of a comic that delivers the solution in an artistic way. No matter in what form you deliver content to fulfill a demand it can be an image, a video, sound, or written content, if it follows the best On-Page SEO practices, it shall be considered good content.
On-Page SEO Practice For Meta Tags In The Content
Optimizing the title and meta tags The first steps in the on-page SEO analysis and strategy. To do that follows these steps listed below:
- Insert the primary keyword at the beginning of the title.
- The title length should be around 55 to 60 characters. There are multiple tools like Yoast SEO of WordPress plug-ins to measure and keep them within a limit.
- Avoid lengthy titles and Meta descriptions.
- Every page should have a different title so that Google does not tag your website as duplicate pages and plagiarism.
- Write good and clear content, catchy titles to grab the attention of the reader.
- Including the Meta description in the meta description is a must, therefore finding and ranking your content becomes easier for Google and other search engines.
- Meta description must not be longer than 155 characters.
- To write the Meta description, write down the main crux of the content in the Meta description.
Tips To Write SEO Friendly Articles:
Your on-page SEO efforts can be boosted with copywriting. Your landing pages will be more engaging when you invest in great content. The best practice of SEO copywriting doesn’t only benefit search engines. Additionally, they improve your content marketing efforts for users.
Bloggers who master SEO copywriting use the following techniques:
- Ensure your introductions are concise and compelling. Make it clear what the problem is and what your solution is.
- Paragraphs and sentences should be kept short. Paragraphs should not be deleted entirely, however; otherwise, your content will not flow as it should.
- Divide long sections into subsections.
- Copy should naturally incorporate the target SEO keyword.
- Content should be aligned with search intent.
- Writing for the reader is always the best.
- Keep people moving down the page with bucket brigades. Your copy will be more conversational when you use bucket brigades. Think of phrases like, “here’s the deal…,” “no wonder…,” “but that’s just the way it is…”, or “for what it’s worth….”
- Readers will be captivated by stories and emotions.